Tuesday, April 3, 2012

10 things that are currently making me happy/thankful right now...

This is probably good to do about once a month, or maybe even once a week. Heck, perhaps every day if you're a real Debbie Downer type. I think it's good to be aware of the things you're thankful for and that make you happy because sometimes it can be oh so easy to forget. Here goes...

1) The obvious...Family...unconditional love is pretty amazing.


2) My best friend, Danielle. We've been friends ever since we were 16 and in a lifeguarding class together. We were partners and had to pretend we were 'drowning victims' and then save each other's lives. The rest is pretty much history, as they say. On so many different levels, we've been through a lot together over the years! These are random pictures from a Brett Dennen/John Mayer concert in 2007. We have no clue who the girl in the last two photos is, but it looks like we were pretty close friends that night!





3) Old photos to document drunken good times with friends :)




4) My new tattoo on my left wrist! "BE ME" which obviously stands for be yourself and also "Benjamin, Emily, Michael, and Elizabeth...our family :)


5) Bloody marys (and beer)!!!

6) Skinny jeans

7) The relentless Florida sunshine...a constant reminder of everything wonderful and a metaphor for how we should try to live our lives each day.

8) Apple products...thanks Steve!

9) Little love glances between husbands/wives or people in relationships when they think no one is looking. That kind of stuff really gets me. If you've had a crappy day or maybe you've just watched the god awful news and then you see something like that, it kind of sets the world back to neutral, if you know what I mean. I love people watching. About 75% of the time I'd say it's fairly disturbing, but the remaining 25% is pretty great.

10) My life, in general. I'm pretty happy with my overall self these days, and I'm also so fortunate and blessed to be able to live my particular life.

I know my posts are usually pretty hilarious since I'm such a natural comedian, and maybe this one is a little Emo, but deal with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment