Thursday, April 26, 2012

Working & Trying & Dating (Part 2)

This is what I looked like today while working. Not having a regular, full-time job definitely has its benefits! Sure, it looks like I'm at a bar at 3:30pm enjoying a margarita...because that's precisely what was happening. HOWEVER, my car was in for servicing, so I had like 3 hours to kill...just until the dealership had enough time to rack my total bill up to about $400. So see, I needed the booze (right before I was about to drive my car home...good planning...).


Seemingly, this was the theme of the week. And welp, now I know.


Part 2 of "Dating Sucks"...

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm on a free online dating site. I really don't get embarrassed too easily anymore and am kinda like an 'open book' nowadays. What a silly saying. Anyway, the whole ordeal is pretty funny. Let's be honest, if you're on an online dating site, you probably shouldn't be the pickiest person out there. However, it definitely makes me much pickier than I would be in normal, everyday life. In real life, if someone were close to 5'9", I'd maybe consider dating them if I liked the person. However, on the dating site, if someone is under 5'11", I literally scoff out loud and move on. And, that's just the height factor. There are plenty of other deal breakers in my mind (really religious, fat, smoker, any pictures that show you holding a gun, too many pictures of your stupid cats, too many basically nude photos of you in front of the mirror, any pictures of you kissing your bicep, etc. etc. etc.).

The thing that really ruffles my feathers is some of the god forsaken shit heads on this site. Here are some of my favorite examples:

~ Douche bag 1 - "I'm 28 and newly divorced. I was married for 8 years and have full custody of my daughter because dead beat moms suck!...LOL"
...ummm, WOW. I must have missed the punch line there because I'm definitely not laughing out loud. In fact, I'm crying.

~ Douche bag 2 - "I have to warn you, I'm a bit of a chunker!"
Gee, it's good you prefaced that in your profile because you looked so thin and in shape in your photos! I would have totally been fooled, and then wouldn't I feel silly?

~ Douche bag 3 - "I liek to have fun. Im a laidback dude. If your laidback too, hit me up."
Yeah, ok, because you really made a great impression with that stellar spelling and grammar.

~ Douche bag 4 - Has one blurry photo and no profile information filled out.
Who in the hell do you think is going to message you?

And, ok, here is what also annoys me. I somehow manage to scour a little bit and find some seemingly normal guys, so I message them. And then, I never hear back! Oh really, you're not a fan of tall, thin girls that are above average looking, never married, don't have kids, have a college education, etc. Really?! My mistake. So sorry to bother you. Please proceeeeeeeed. I know I sound egotistical, but I've seen some of my competition and it looks pretty grim. On the other hand, I receive a plethora of messages from guys I would never reply to in a million years.

Seriously though, I can't really complain. I've actually met some pretty nice guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment