Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Guy Requirements

I know I've talked a lot about Ryan Gosling and Tosh, but most likely, those are unrealistic expectations. I can only steep in such unbridled anticipation for so long. For now, here is a list of things that will suffice in my future perfect male specimen.
My Guy Requirements Strong Suggestions:
1) Taller than me
2) Not religious
3) Good sense of humor
4) At least mildly attractive (this does include not being really fat)
5) Have a degree and/or a decent job
6) Be a nice contributing member to society (or something??)
7) Non smoker and active
8) Please don't think it's fun to kill animals with a gun. Obviously the animal is going to lose...you HAVE A GUN
9) Know how to use a grill and maybe a power tool or two
10) Know the difference between there, their and they're (this is IMPORTANT!) I think it also goes without saying that I expect you to know how to read. Hmmm, maybe that should have been number 1...
Extra Brownie Points:
1) Likes dogs
2) Thinks the show "Modern Family" is funny
3) Has a beard
4) Flosses your teeth
5) Knows how to fix things...like, anything/everything
In Return, Here Is What I Will Provide For Little To No Money Down:
1) I will really look like I'm listening intently even if I'm not
2) I promise I'll try hard to move out of my parent's house before I turn 30
3) I'll show you how to load the dishwasher properly
4) I will cook dinner if you will wash the dishes
5) I'll keep everything clean and organized since I'm OCD
6) I'll try to 'put out'...maybe a lot in the beginning but probably only 1-3 times per week once things get serious
7) I'll chip in on my half of the bill
8) I'll wear make up...even on the weekends!
9) I will shave my legs at least once a week
10) I'll pretend to like your parents and no one will know the difference
11) I may decide that I want to have a child/children sometime before the age of like 35
12) I'll try to leave my work outfit on for at least an hour after you get home before putting on something pretty hideous
13) I'll let you beat me at any sport
14) I'll let you pick the movie 50% of the time

Well, that's a good start. So, why am I single!?

4 comments:

  1. have you also posted this as an online dating profile? haha (my fav is brownie points for side burns)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haaa, still love a good sideburn! and no, my online dating profile is obviously much more generic so as not to allow anyone to glean what i'm actually like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your #1 is my #1 too! I feel for you though cause I have had a hard time with this and you easily have like 4 inches on me! I actually agree on most of these except for letting them beat me in sports (shocking I know). I'd rather win and then gloat like crazy! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welllll, it's not that hard to be at least 5'10", is it? sheesh. as for the sports thing, i believe it! :)

    ReplyDelete