Friday, March 16, 2012

My Friend Nicole!

I'm usually not the type of person to have exceptionally large groups of friends. Like, these girls that get married and absolutely need to have 8-9 bridesmaids because they were all cheerleaders together or in phi alpha pi who gives a f*&#...soooo not me.

Most of my life, I've had a few very close friends. Sure, there are certain groups that I remain close with over time (like old work friends) or 'couple' friends that I had when I was in my last relationship. But, for the most part, I've kept the same few friends over the years. I don't get to see them a ton because one lives in Brooklyn and one lives in San Fran, but we do the best we can. And, it's worth it because it's hard to start new friendships with the same merit from scratch at this age. Plus, they kick ass and most people annoy me, so ya know, it makes sense to foster/maintain the current relationships.

Butttttt, the person I decided to write about tonight is my friend Nicole who lives in CT. I met her during my last relationship because both of our ex boyfriends used to work together at a restaurant.

Basically, she exemplifies one of the kindest, most sincere, caring, and fun loving people I've ever met. It's so rare to find someone with all of these qualities. And, it's sooo rare to find someone who doesn't just talk about themselves...who actually asks questions about you and LISTENS to your answers (most people are not really listening and just thinking of what to say next). And, then she asks more questions because she's genuinely interested. I'm generally not the type of person to talk a lot about myself to someone, but I always end up doing so when I talk to her! Oh, and it's not just me...she's like this with everyone! She's just interested in everyone and everything and is always in a good mood. She has this real zest for life that is so apparent and honest and somewhat contagious, and everyone that meets her loves her.

She's the type of person that would let you come over to her house unannounced and actually be happy about it and not care that she's not prepared. And, she wouldn't seem the least bit stressed out. She'd probably even let you stay for a month.

She's totally the type of person you'd want as a mom because she'd definitely be one of the 'cool' moms.

Aaaaand, to top off her wonderful personality, she can cook really well, always has expensive vodka on hand, is really pretty with long blonde hair and blue eyes, is well traveled, gives excellent advice (wise beyond her years), gives me lots of free clothes aaaaand she's a big time producer for ESPN that won a Murrow award. Uh, hello, talk about the epitome of a perfect person!? Sorry men, she's taken.

I'm not a closet lesbian that has a crush on her or anything like that, I swear. And, I'm not trying to marry her off because she already has a boyfriend, like I said. I'm just really thankful to know such a truly wonderful person/great friend with such a sincere and lively spirit!

That concludes my post. Love ya Nicole! Thanks for being you, I miss you, and I hope you never change :)

No comments:

Post a Comment