Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Five Day Workweek and a Parking Ticket

I've had two three day workweeks in a row! The first two weeks of March were just swellllll.

The first week was short because I took two days off for moving, and the second week was short because I took two days off for Don-Yell's visit.

Now, I'm back to the regular five day workweeks which are a lot worse than the three day workweeks because of, ya know, those extra two days of working.

It's rough getting back into the swing of things after being out on vacation because not only do you not want to go back after having fun, but also, all the emails. And, all the people waiting for you the moment you enter the door saying things like "did you see my email?" At this point, I like to glance casually (but in a not so casual way, too) at my black computer screen, which hasn't been turned on yet. If that doesn't do the trick, I then say "my computer isn't on yet, so I haven't seen the email." Then, I go get coffee, pee, and look at all my other emails first...probably even in that order.

Anyway, so ugh, that's why I'm blogging while at work. Last week at this time, I was preparing for a four day weekend, so I figure this week, at this time, I should take a blogging break.

I did book another mini vacation to look forward to! I'll be going to Rhode Island at the end of July and staying with my friend Nicole. I haven't seen her in close to a year, so it will be really nice to spend time with her, see her house in Rhode Island, and hopefully see a bunch of other people too.

Getting to the other part of my story...

When my parents, Don-Yell, and I were in downtown St. Pete for brunch this past Sunday, we got a parking ticket. And, when I say "we", I mean that I single-handedly was responsible for getting us said parking ticket.

Here is how the conversation went:
Me: Park right over there - that looks like a good spot
Mom: Ok. We have lots of quarters for the meter
Me: That sounds silly. Save your quarters, and buy yourself something pretty little lady. I got this. I'll use my handy phone app
::I then proceed to tell everyone about my handy phone app and how fool-proof it is::
::I then pay for our parking spot using my fool-proof phone app::
::We eat brunch and go to the car::
Dad: ::Picks up large green envelope on front windshield of car that says PARKING TICKET::
Dad: We got a parking ticket
Me: That hardly seems possible

Oh, but it was. It was very possible, in fact.

You see, my handy phone app is linked to my license plate (information that I entered when I first downloaded the app and then promptly erased from my memory). And, my license plate is on my car, which was parked securely in its parking spot at my condo complex at the time.

Essentially, it was like we hadn't paid for parking at all. It was like we had thrown caution to the wind, took a look at the parking meter and said "eff you parking meter", and strolled into the restaurant like bad asses.

On that fateful day, I got to pay $3.35 to park my car at my condo complex (a convenience that I usually enjoy for free) and $25 for my parent's car.

 
Don't worry, they were glad we were there though. 
 
So glad, in fact, that if I went to wherever their office is located with my parking ticket and a receipt proving I paid $25 at a restaurant or shop that day, they would waive the charge. However, they bank on people being lazy - which I was - so, here is $25 for you sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment